Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Let me tell you how GREAT my God is!!!!

I haven't written in awhile, its been hectic in Memphis, TN for me.  I originally declined for my student that I needed to be able to "stay" in Italy.  I quickly started looking for how I could work around this.  The team leaders, Tim & Rachel Uthmann, and myself started brain storming for different ways to allow me to stay within in the time frame we had arranged.

This past Friday, I called the Italian consulate preparing myself to be completely frustrated with the woman on the other end of the telephone line.  I called and started talking about what was going on with my visa, saying I AT LEAST needed my passport so I could go for three months at least.  But the woman calmly asked for my name and looked up my information.  Her response was, "Oh yes, student passport?  You're approved.  We have spoken to the people in Italy, your request has been granted".  I was SPEECHLESS.  How great is our God?! I immediately began calling everyone and praising God for moving in such an awesome way!

Well, Tuesday afternoon rolled around, and I was sure my visa would be in the mail.  And it wasn't.  I was frustrated thinking "Well where the heck is it", "what do I do next?", and every question in between.  But Christ kept me calm through all of it.   My mom and I began calling, and the post office said to call in the morning to see if it had made it.

I got woken up this morning (Wednesday, Oct 13, the day of departure) by my mom telling me that my visa wasn't here.  So that meant I had to cancel my flight, and wait all over again.  So of course I did the most logical thing... just stayed in bed. (Ha!)   I then got a phone call from Don Gilbert, asking me about my trip and flight plans.  I decided to get up and see what "game plan" my mom had.  After trying to call the Italian Consulate, with no luck of an answer on the other of the wire, I just started getting ready like I planned on.  As soon as I got out of the shower, my mom said that she got a hold of the consulate but that it was not at the post office.  I asked once again, "so what should I do..."  My mom's response?  "Just get ready, and pray.  In fact, let's pray right now."  So my mom began praying, her prayer was literally this, "Lord, we know you know where the visa is"  JUST THEN, the phone rang.  It was the post office, they had found my visa!  It was 8:26.  We rushed to the post office and grabbed it then got to the airport.  How awesome is God!!!!!  He is the Great Provider!!!!!

God is just incredible!  I am currently sitting in the Charlotte, NC airport, waiting to board for Roma, Italia.  I will be boarding in twenty minutes!

Thanks to everyone for their prayers and support!  I love you all so much, and I am so glad you are apart of my sending team!

Psalm 46:10
      "Cease striving and know that I am God; I WILL be exalted among the nations, I WILL be exalted
       in the earth."


In His Love!

3 comments:

  1. lindsey true-
    you have been such an awesome example of what it means to "wait upon the Lord"
    I am blown away at you faith that He will provide
    His plan is far greater than our mind's eye could EVER see
    Your faith seriously has encouraged me to cling to Him and rely on Him REAL BIG like you have.
    Even if it means waiting until the very last minute until the very last day of whatever journey He's taking me on!
    I love you girl and i am praying for you!
    remember this phase of your journey in any situation you may face while you're there!
    hugs from Martin, TN to Roma, Italy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to get to know you in Elgin. Enjoy doing His work in Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moms are great too, aren't they?? Safe travel!

    ReplyDelete