Monday, November 8, 2010

Greater things are yet to come!

Hello!

I have been here almost a month now!  It is insane to think that!  I am so blessed to be a part of this ministry.  Just some notes from my last posting.  Joy (Gioia) is doing well!  She got out of the hospital about 4 days after she went in.  It was a very hectic time for the family, but they are doing well!  They (the doctors in Rome), do not think it is anything too pressing, but they are continuing to monitor her.  Thank you SO much for the prayers!  These past couple of weeks have been good!  The potential long-term couple has returned home and we have had one other visitor these past couple of weeks, all good company!  Our team is also now meeting once every two weeks for fellowship and prayer with each other.  During this time a couple people are sharing their testimony and we are praying specifically for them, as well as breaking off for each other personally.  It is great getting to know our team on a larger scale!  Our team has continued serving with the refugees.  Passing out lunches on Fridays, cooking and serving on Saturdays, as well as serving tea on Sundays to the refugees!  This past week, the other intern and myself went to an Italian church that our team members attend.  The message was awesome!  We also spent our Halloween observing it as the 500th year anniversary that Martin Luther came to Rome and left angered by how this holy city, was not following God's way at all.  It was and is a great reminder to me how we are to follow Christ in EVERYTHING, even if the city isn't.  I am called to be Christ-like despite everyone and everything else.  And not only that but I should want to, because of the love for my Savior.  He is so gracious to us, and sometimes it seems so easy to forget.  Yet looking at it, we don't even know when it happened.  But God forgives us, even when we stray.  HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD!  It is just so cool to think about, and just His love for us.  So overwhelming, we can't even imagine.  So many times we think we get it, and then it is still like a zillion times more than that.  God is good :)

I am quite excited for everything that is happening this week!  I am working on some school stuff for my internship (which isn't technically fun, but very beneficial!)  Our team is also meeting with the nun who runs the center for women and children refugees.  We will be seeing her center as well as just spending some time in fellowship with her.  All things to be very excited about!  Also, we have begun looking at the logistical side of having a refugee center.  I know this can sound boring, but it is very cool to be a part of.  We did have an informational meeting about refugees and serving with them.  We had many representatives of different churches and organizations that night, probably around 40-50 people!  How awesome is that?!  I have also decided to start working with a different tutor named Enzo.  I am hoping working with him will help  a lot.  I did struggle in the other class, and I kind of felt like I was holding others behind.  But I am learning, some days it seems that I am quickly learning other days I feel like I know nothing.  Haha, but that hasn't been too much of a barrier!  I love how God breaks barriers!

On a more personal side, I am seeing God move here.  I can see Him teaching me so much, and it is just overwhelmingly amazing.  I have been able to hang out with the refugees more, by playing (or watching rather) the refugees play soccer, and just spending some time with the "folks" here.  I am praying for continued health in our team, and for open hearts for everyone, team members and refugees alike.  Please pray alongside of me in this.   Thank you again for being a part of furthering God's Kingdom, not only here in Rome but also where you are.  I am praying and thanking God for you daily!

In His Love.

2 comments:

  1. God is very good!!! & I love reading about the work he is doing through you :) you're in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds very exciting Lindsey. To be a part of what God is doing there and experience His work in your life as well . . .God is truly GREAT!

    ReplyDelete