Thursday, February 3, 2011

Febbraio!

Ciao tutti,

As I read back over my last blog entry I feel as if I haven't written in SO long.  Things in Roma are going pretty well!  It is hard to believe I only have 3 months left.  Although October seems so long ago, I feel that it is so weird that it is already February.  January was just a great month for me personally.  I really got to experience community like nothing before.  I have just loved spending time with my team members old and new these past few weeks.  So let's see... what's been going on... Haha.  Our partnership with Agape Campus Crusade Roma is continuing to grow stronger and stronger, which is just awesome to be a part of. We are meeting weekly to discuss what God is doing here, what we would like our vision as a partnership to be, and what the next steps are!  It is awesome sharing our hearts for the different ministries and seeing them unite for God's glory!  There is so much good stuff going on the next few months; it is going to be tough to keep up.  But of course nothing is impossible with Jesus, and I am SO stoked for everything going on.

Next week, refugee team leaders from all over Europe will be coming to Rome for a week long conference.  We will be discussing refugee situations throughout the area, what God is doing, and get to hear from every team in attendance!  Please be praying for this upcoming week!  That everything will go smoothly and with little problem!  But even more so, be praying for God's guidance in all the discussions.  Even if it means complete chaos, we want God's will to be done!  Shortly after that my team leaders, Tim & Rachel, will be heading back to the United States, to raise support for the Refugee Reading Room.  We are praying for God's provision and blessing through this!  We KNOW He will provide!  I have seen Him provide for my trip here in such incredible ways, and I know He doesn't ever stop giving to us in accordance with His will!  So please be praying for a safe and successful trip for them, whatever that may look like in the Lord's eyes.

Also this next month, there will be two Spring Break teams coming to serve with Agape Italia.  They are two college groups from Miami and Ole Miss.  The schedules are chock-full of activities!  We are currently planning the time spent here with the two teams and are looking forward to what God will do.  Not only will the two groups be spending time on campus, but they will also have the opportunity to participate in outreach with refugees!  Please pray for the Lord's provision before and during these two groups stays!  So. After all that awesome stuff, I will actually be heading on a trip to Athens, Greece.  International Teams has another group there that works with refugees.  Athens is one of the first places that many refugees arrive at after escaping their "home land".  The conditions for refugees are even worse there than they are here.  There is a video at the bottom of the page if you would like to see what is going on there.  I have the privilege of staying with a couple of team members during the last week in March.  While there I will be able to participate in their team activities and observe how their team works, etc.  I am really quite excited about that trip, and to see how the Lord is working there.

So, as you can see these next couple of months are quite full of crazy, yet awesome stuff!  I am so excited to see God move in all the events going on!  God has been teaching me so much, and quite honestly it is just awesome to be a part of it all.  He is blessing me with so many lessons (although they don't always seem like blessings at the time, ha.), stronger friendships with the refugees, and fellowship with His people.  It is incredible seeing God move, and I want to thank YOU individually for being a part of it.  I am so thankful for your support, whether it be prayerfully or financially.  God has truly blessed me with you!

Moving forward for His glory,

Lindsey

Greece Refugee Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPl9PW7ONIQ

No comments:

Post a Comment